The Shih Tzu is one of the smallest dogs in the world. Its tiny size makes it a popular companion and often means that it lives mainly indoors. The Shih Tzu stands out as a robust, friendly and independent dog with excellent hearing and a long coat that wants to be cared for. Shih Tzus benefit from a food specially designed to meet their particular needs. Kibble, for example, should be adjusted to fit their tiny jaws and teeth.
Royal Canin Shih Tzu Junior is suitable for young Shih Tzus up to ten months and takes account of all the breed's special features:
- Fast growth: an intense growth period means the puppy needs optimal energy and protein contents and a balanced intake of calcium and phosphorus
- Strengthening the immune system: a special anti-oxidant complex helps to strengthen puppies' immune systems
- Special recipe: valuable vitamins and amino acids can strengthen the skin's barrier function and prevent the intrusion of bacteria. They also help to maintain a shiny coat and reduce dandruff
- Adapted kibble: chihuahuas need special kibble that are adjusted in size, shape and texture to their small jaws
- Tartar prevention: sodium phosphates help to bind the calcium in saliva and protect against tartar
- Reduction of stool odour: highly digestible proteins, rice, FOS and a complex of EPA/DHA minimise the amount of undigested food and reduce unpleasant stool odour as well as stool volume