Before you read any further - . This is a food that should only be fed to your pet after consultation with your vet.
This text was recognized by the built-in Ocrad engine. A better transcription may be attained by right clicking on the selection and changing the OCR engine to "Tesseract" (under the "Language" menu). This message can be removed in the future by unchecking "OCR Disclaimer" (under the Options menu). More info: http://projectnaptha.com/ocrad
Allergies are common in dogs, and they crop up when your dog’s immune system reacts to an otherwise harmless substance in its environment. The digestive tract and skin are two of your pet’s most sensitive organs and they come into contact with many different substances. Your dog can develop allergies or intolerances to foodstuffs of vegetable or animal origin. Typical symptoms are itching and inflammation of the skin, as well as sickness and diarrhoea.
Royal Canin Hypoallergenic Moderate Calorie is a dietetic complete dry dog food for overweight, older or neutered dogs with allergies. The recipe includes hydrolysed proteins with a low allergic potential to make the food easy to digest. The kibble also has a moderate energy content, to help to discourage excess weight gain. A special combination of biotin, niacin and pantothenic acid also helps to improve the skin’s barrier effect.
Recommended for (indications):
- Bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine
- Elimination diet
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI)
- Food allergy
- Food intolerance
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Bacterial overgrowth (SIBO / dysbiosis)
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Lactating bitches, pregnant bitches or puppies
- Hydrolysed proteins: soy protein hydrolyzate comprises peptides of low molecular weight. Therefore, it is highly digestible and only slightly allergenic.
- Excessive energy intake: A moderate energy intake helps to reduce weight gain. .
- Skin barrier: The very high levels of biotin, niacin and pantothenic acid in combination with a zinc-linoleic acid blend help to reduce fluid loss through the skin and strengthen the barrier effect.
- Moderate phosphorus content: The restrictive phosphorus content helps maintain kidney function in elderly dogs.
Hypoallergenic moderate calorie is a hydrolysate foodstuff. It has been especially developed for allergy management in neutered or older dogs, as well as for dogs that have a tendency to gain excess weight.
Duration of treatment:
If you suspect your dog has a food allergy or intolerance, you should alter its food intake immediately. Continue the special diet for the rest of your pet’s life.